Saturday, September 24, 2011

There's a Crack in Everything...



I have been deeply touched by a video from one of Leonard Cohen's concerts.

The song, 'Anthem', is one of my favourite songs of all time for it's hope and it's recognition and acceptance that we are all flawed in one way or another.

"There's a crack in everything, 
That's how the light get's in."

What really got to me however, and brought tears to my eyes, was the dignity, humbleness and deep, deep respect that he shows towards his band as he introduces and thanks each of them in turn at the end of the song.

This depth of respect is so rare in modern life.

It's now on my list of things to continue to work with.

Unfortunately, YouTube won't let us embed this video, however click here to view it.

Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment